Stacked Washer/Dryers - Maintenance Tips
- Leave the loading door open during extended periods of non-use to allow the wash drum to dry out and avoid a musty smell.
- Check the filter screens in the fill hoses for debris or damage annually. Clean or replace them if necessary.
- Check all hoses on a monthly basis for any visible signs of deterioration such as cracks, blisters or material wear. Replace immediately any hoses showing these signs.
- Thoroughly clean the dryer every year. Have an authorized service representative perform this maintenance.
- Clean the lint filter before drying each load. The lint filter may be washed if needed. Annually remove lint filter and screw to vacuum the duct under it.
- Inspect the exhaust duct for lint build-up after one year of service. Clean if necessary. Inspect every one to two years as required thereafter.
- Inspect the outside weather hood frequently to make sure dampers move freely, dampers are not pushed in and that nothing has been set against them.